The World Hepatitis Alliance
The World Hepatitis Alliance is a not-for-profit international umbrella Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) whose membership is composed of organisations working in the field of viral hepatitis. It is patient-led and patient-driven and full membership is limited to patient groups. It is not aligned with any party political views, does not engage in political activity and does not discriminate on the basis of creed, religion, lack of religion, ethnicity, sex or sexual orientation.
As a coalition of advocacy groups, the World Hepatitis Alliance is a global voice for the 500 million people worldwide living with chronic viral hepatitis B or C. Through better awareness, prevention, care, support and access to treatment, our ultimate goal is to work with governments to eradicate these diseases from the planet.
The activities of the Alliance include, but are not limited to:
1. Raising awareness of chronic viral hepatitis. In particular this involves coordinating global activities for World Hepatitis Day and supporting regional and national World Hepatitis Day programmes
2. Reducing the stigma associated with chronic viral hepatitis by improving education and understanding of chronic viral hepatitis
3. Working with the World Health Organization (the ‘WHO’) to give viral hepatitis the profile and priority it must have
4. Working with member groups to help them ensure that every country has an effective strategy in place to combat viral hepatitis
5. Supporting member groups and helping them to build capacity
6. Liaising with NGOs to secure support and endorsement for the work of the Alliance, its member groups and the annual World Hepatitis Day
Learn more about our By-Laws